How to connect with Geoff Gannon
- Follow his work on Twitter: @FocusedCompound
- Managed by Geoff’s partner Andrew Kuhn
- Check out his website:
- Listen to his podcast:
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a rating and review. Your feedback helps me to improve the podcast and grow the show’s audience.
Support the Podcast on Patreon
This is a podcast supported by listeners like you. If you’d like to support this podcast and help me to continue creating great investing content, please consider becoming a Patron at DIYInvesting.org/Patron.
You can find out more information by listening to episode 11 of this podcast.
Show Outline: Interview with Geoff Gannon of Focused Compounding Capital Management
The full show notes for this episode are available at https://www.diyinvesting.org/Episode45
Part 1: Background and Geoff Gannon’s Investing Process
- How have you developed as an investor over time?
- Willow Oak Partnership – Hedge Fund Launch
- Geoff Gannon’s Investing Process:
- Concentrated (5 positions – 20% each)
- Overlooked stocks (Low liquidity, low beta)
- High Quality & Value Focus
- What to look for in corporate management
- Does selling stocks add value?
- Village Supermarket (VLGEA), Activision (ATVI), Coinstar (now private)
Part 2: Example Investments – NACCO ($NC)
- Up 90% YTD (as of October 3rd, 2019)
- Finding value during spin-offs
- How to earn infinite returns on capital while mining coal