How to connect with Value Stock Geek
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a rating and review. Your feedback helps me to improve the podcast and grow the show’s audience.
Follow me on Twitter and YouTube
Twitter Handle: @TreyHenninger
YouTube Channel: DIY Investing
Support the Podcast on Patreon
This is a podcast supported by listeners like you. If you’d like to support this podcast and help me to continue creating great investing content, please consider becoming a Patron at DIYInvesting.org/Patron.
You can find out more information by listening to episode 11 of this podcast.
Show Outline: Interview with Value Stock Geek
The full show notes for this episode are available at https://www.diyinvesting.org/Episode49
Part 1: ValueStockGeek’s Investing Process
- Basket of Stocks (20-30 positions)
- Value: Cheap Stocks with Good Balance Sheets
- Uses multiple valuation ratio’s but prefers “Acquirer’s Multiple”
- See Tobias Carlisle’s book: The Acquirer’s Multiple
- High portfolio turnover 50-100% churn every year
- Why the Quality factor reduces your returns
- How to improve your stock-picking success rate by focusing on the balance sheet
Part 2: Example Stocks
- Micron Technology ($MU) – Cheapest stock in the S&P 500
- Flanigan’s Enterprises, Inc. ($BDL) – A microcap company that owns bars, restaurants, and liquor stores in Florida
- Dick’s Sporting Goods ($DKS) – A retail company focused on the niche of outdoor sporting goods equipment