This is a book review of The Little Book that Beats the Market by Joel Greenblatt. The basic concept of the book is that it’s quite simple to beat the market. So simple in fact, that a specific magic formula can be used to beat the market.
If that sounds too good to be true, that’s understandable.
The author Joel Greenblatt understands your skepticism. His goal is twofold:
1. Share his magic formula with you
2. Explain the concepts that make the magic formula work.
Purchase The Little Book that Beats the Market by Joel Greenblatt
*If you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. This small commission helps to support the show and keep the episodes available for free.
Would you like to invest using the Magic Formula?
I have developed what I believe to be the easiest and cheapest solution. I created an index version based on the formula. You can buy a 30 stock index of companies chosen using the Magic Formula which I plan to update on an annual basis. All for a single low commission of $9.95. (In contrast to an estimated $150 if you bought each stock individually, at $5 per stock commission)
Just go to https://www.diyinvesting.org/magicformula
Full Show Notes
The full show notes for this episode are available in written format as their own page. My written book review is basically the transcript of this podcast.
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a review. On an iOS platform such as an iPhone or iPad, you can do so by following these steps:
- In your podcast app, click the search icon that looks like a magnifying glass in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Type “The DIY Investing” into the search bar. This podcast should be one of the first shows that display.
- Select the podcast show icon.
- Scroll down to the “Ratings & Reviews Section” and click on the button that says “Write a Review”.
- Write a short one or two sentence review and give me a rating that matches how you feel about the podcast.