- Unconventional Success by David Swenson
- William Bernstein’s books on Asset Allocation
- Bogleheads Forum (Simba’s backtesting spreadsheet)
How to connect with Value Stock Geek
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a rating and review. Your feedback helps me to improve the podcast and grow the show’s audience.
Follow me on Twitter and YouTube
Twitter Handle: @TreyHenninger
YouTube Channel: DIY Investing
Support the Podcast on Patreon
This is a podcast supported by listeners like you. If you’d like to support this podcast and help me to continue creating great investing content, please consider becoming a Patron at DIYInvesting.org/Patron.
You can find out more information by listening to episode 11 of this podcast.
Show Outline: Interview with Value Stock Geek
The full show notes for this episode are available at https://www.diyinvesting.org/Episode62
Passive Asset Allocation Strategy
- Why should active investors have a passive asset allocation strategy?
- Goals of a passive investing strategy as compared to active investing
- Principles used to create the strategy
- Are bond allocations obsolete with interest rates so low?
- Backtesting performance and planning for the future
- US Small Cap Value: VBR (0.12% expense ratio)
- International Small Cap Stocks: VSS (0.12% expense ratio)
- REITs: VNQ (0.12% expense ratio)
- Long-Term US Bonds: VGLT (0.07% expense ratio)
- TIPS: VTIP (0.06% expense ratio)
- Equal weighted at 20%