ExxonMobil (USA), Chevron (USA), Royal Dutch Shell (UK and Netherlands), BP (UK), TOTAL (French)
Traditionally, being an oil major has meant being a fully vertically integrated company from oil exploration, drilling, refining, and chemical production. ExxonMobil continues to fulfill that role, but they are much more than an oil company today. Although they are typically billed as an oil AND gas company. They are much more.
Business Model Overview
- What does it mean to be an Energy Company
- Capital Allocation
- Potential Errors
Show Notes available at DIYInvesting.org
The full show notes for this episode, including my outline for today’s podcast, are available at https://www.diyinvesting.org/Episode12
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a review. On an iOS platform such as an iPhone or iPad, you can do so by following these steps:
- In your podcast app, click the search icon that looks like a magnifying glass in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Type “The DIY Investing” into the search bar. This podcast should be one of the first shows that display.
- Select the podcast show icon.
- Scroll down to the “Ratings & Reviews Section” and click on the button that says “Write a Review”.
- Write a short one or two sentence review and give me a rating that matches how you feel about the podcast.