Mental Models discussed in this podcast:
- KISS Principle (Keep it Simple Stupid)
- Process vs Outcomes
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a rating and review. Your feedback helps me to improve the podcast and grow the show’s audience.
Follow me on Twitter and YouTube
Twitter Handle: @TreyHenninger
YouTube Channel: DIY Investing
Support the Podcast on Patreon
This is a podcast supported by listeners like you. If you’d like to support this podcast and help me to continue creating great investing content, please consider becoming a Patron at DIYInvesting.org/Patron.
Investing Rules: Never Short Stocks
- Investing rules are simple and short rules that limit mistakes, improving future performance or returns.
- “You don’t need to be smart to make money investing. You just need to be consistently NOT STUPID.”
Shorting Stocks is Stupid
- Case Study #1: GameStop short squeeze of 2021
- Case Study #2: AMC squeeze of 2021
- I submitted a competition for a Long/Short stock choice for 2021
- $SODI was my long
- $AMC was my short. Thesis: Bankruptcy
- Everyone wants you to fail if you are shorting stocks.
- Unlimited downside. Limited upside.
Investing rules improve your future performance and returns by limiting your mistakes. You don’t need to be smart to make money investing. You just need to be consistently not stupid. Shorting stocks is stupid.
Investing is about aligning the odds in your favor. Shorting is the exact opposite. Everyone wants you to fail. It is impossible to have a margin of safety. You pay interest costs and you could lose everything. Never short stocks!