Call to Action:
- For You: Write down a list of every country which you will exclude from investing for reasons such as this or similar. Stick to it.
- Support the Podcast: The best support you can give me right now is simply to give this podcast a rating and review in your podcast player.
Mental Models discussed in this podcast:
- Property Rights
- Government Ownership of Means of Production
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a rating and review. Your feedback helps me to improve the podcast and grow the show’s audience.
Follow me on Twitter and YouTube
Twitter Handle: @TreyHenninger
YouTube Channel: DIY Investing
Support the Podcast on Patreon
This is a podcast supported by listeners like you. If you’d like to support this podcast and help me to continue creating great investing content, please consider becoming a Patron at DIYInvesting.org/Patron.
You can find out more information by listening to episode 11 of this podcast.
Two Key Characteristics Shared by Russia and China
- High Government ownership of key businesses
- Could lead to corruption
- Businesses could be influenced to make uneconomic investments
- I can’t trust the numbers. (Due to the communist government)
- Corporate frauds are more common
- Both Russia and China have a critical lack of property rights.
If you are going to make any investment you need to be sure that your principal is safe and a reasonable return on your investment is likely. Lack of strong property rights threatens my principal and government control of businesses threatens my reasonable rate of return.