Mental Models discussed in this podcast:
- Cloning / Copycat
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a rating and review. Your feedback helps me to improve the podcast and grow the show’s audience.
Follow me on Twitter and YouTube
Twitter Handle: @TreyHenninger
YouTube Channel: DIY Investing
Support the Podcast on Patreon
This is a podcast supported by listeners like you. If you’d like to support this podcast and help me to continue creating great investing content, please consider becoming a Patron at DIYInvesting.org/Patron.
You can find out more information by listening to episode 11 of this podcast.
Question: How do I find good stock ideas?
- Identify 3-5 of your favorite investors you follow
- Open a new spreadsheet
- For each investor:
- Go to their website and write down the ticker and company name for every single company they’ve ever written up
- If articles are paywalled that’s fine. You don’t need to read the articles, simply take down the name and ticker.
With 5 investors you should have a nice long list. At least 100 stocks.
Now simply go one by one and read the annual report or 10k for each company. Value the company and add the valuation to your spreadsheet.
Now you have a watchlist.
Alternative Idea: Access the OTC Manual Database with an exclusive coupon code!
- Purchase the OTC Manual Database access at SvendaManual.com
- Exclusive Coupon Code: “Trey”
- Without quotes
- Receive a discount on your annual subscription cost
The best way to identify good stock ideas is to copy a watchlist of investors you trust and respect. Their best ideas can form a strong foundation for your watchlist.