How to Sign Up for Mr. Rebates
- You can support the show by typing in:
- [email protected]
- In the section that says “Did someone refer you to Mr. Rebates?” as the “Referrer Email”
- This is clearly marked optional and I encourage you to see the section in the show notes below called “What’s in it for me?”
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a review. Your feedback helps me to improve the podcast and grow the show’s audience.
Support the Podcast on Patreon
This is a podcast supported by listeners like you. If you’d like to support this podcast and help me to continue creating great investing content, please consider becoming a Patron at DIYInvesting.org/Patron.
You can find out more information by listening to episode 11 of this podcast.
How to earn cash back online using Mr. Rebates – Show Outline
The full show notes for this episode are available at https://www.diyinvesting.org/Episode28
What is Mr. Rebates?
- Online tool for earning cash back from your shopping online
- Works at thousands of online retailers including Amazon.com
- Available here: https://www.diyinvesting.org/cashback
How does it work?
- What I call a “Win-Win-Win”
3 Step Process:
- You make a purchase at a retailer’s website through your Mr. Rebates affiliate link
- The retailer pays Mr. Rebates a commission
- Mr. Rebates passes that commission on to you for cash back after taking a small cut.
Benefits of Using Mr. Rebates to make Online Purchases
- Earn bonus cash back on top of any cash back you receive from your credit cards
- My most recent purchase:
- Received 2% cash back from my credit card
- Received 5% cash back from Mr. Rebates
- Total: 7% cash back
- Membership is Free and you receive a $5.00 bonus added to your account when you make your first purchase. (as of recording date, this may change in the future)
I have used Mr. Rebates for over a year now testing it out. I wanted to make sure that the website was authentic and worked before recommending it to anyone. Here is my review of the drawbacks.
- Doesn’t work on every website
- Thousands of stores are available to use Mr. Rebates on
- Includes Amazon
- Yet, there are numerous stores that Mr. Rebates does not work on. You’ll have to see what stores Mr. Rebates offers compared to the online stores you shop at.
- I have not had a 100% success rate in receiving the cash back.
- I’d say my success rate has been about 90%.
- The other 10% of the time is usually due to my adblocker preventing the tracking link from working.
- You only earn cash back on the Pre-Tax Pre-Shipping price.
- This is your sub-total, not the final total.
- While credit card purchases will provide cash back on the total, you only earn Mr. Rebates cash back on the Pre-Tax Pre-Shipping price.
What’s in it for me?
Disclosure: If you sign up and write in my email address the referral email section on the form, “[email protected]” then I will receive a commission when you save money using Mr. Rebates.
- Our incentives are aligned:
- I don’t earn any commission for you signing up.
- I ONLY earn a commission WHEN YOU SAVE MONEY.
- Listing me as having referred you will not affect the cash back you receive in any way.
- You’ll not earn more or less cash back because I referred you.
- My goal is to save you money.
- I only earn a commission if you actually save money and earn cash back.
- I hope you will and I hope you’ll save a lot of money by using Mr. Rebates
- The easiest way to sign up is to click my affiliate link at the top of the show notes of the podcast. Or you can go to www.diyinvesting.org/cashback