Mental Models discussed in this podcast:
- Signal vs Noise
- Process vs Outcomes
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a rating and review. Your feedback helps me to improve the podcast and grow the show’s audience.
Follow me on Twitter and YouTube
Twitter Handle: @TreyHenninger
YouTube Channel: DIY Investing
Support the Podcast on Patreon
This is a podcast supported by listeners like you. If you’d like to support this podcast and help me to continue creating great investing content, please consider becoming a Patron at DIYInvesting.org/Patron.
Thesis – Eliminating your investment mistakes is the easiest way to improve your investment returns
- What have been your past investment mistakes?
- Are there any commonalities between them?
- What can you learn from those mistakes?
- Don’t repeat the same mistake!
- Make sure you’re learning the Right Lessons
Example: A brief discussion of GameStop
- Episode 5: https://www.diyinvesting.org/asymmetric-risk-and-reward-gamestop-2018-episode005/
- Episode 30: https://www.diyinvesting.org/gamestop-stock-investment-post-mortem-episode30/
GameStop is a good example for me to learn the right lesson. I had to identify the difference between signal and noise or process and outcomes. These mental models have served me well going forward.
A focus on eliminating your investment mistakes is the easiest way to improve your investment returns. Don’t repeat the same mistake twice by making sure you learn the right lessons. Signal vs Noise. Process vs Outcomes.