How to connect with David Flood (Elementary Value)
- Follow his work on Twitter: @ElementaryValue
- Check out his website:
- The company articles discussed in this podcast:
Please review and rate the podcast
If you enjoyed this podcast and found it helpful, please consider leaving me a rating and review. Your feedback helps me to improve the podcast and grow the show’s audience.
Follow me on Twitter and YouTube
Twitter Handle: @TreyHenninger
YouTube Channel: DIY Investing
Support the Podcast on Patreon
This is a podcast supported by listeners like you. If you’d like to support this podcast and help me to continue creating great investing content, please consider becoming a Patron at DIYInvesting.org/Patron.
You can find out more information by listening to episode 11 of this podcast.
Show Outline: Interview with David Flood of ElementaryValue.com
The full show notes for this episode are available at https://www.diyinvesting.org/Episode48
Part 1: David Flood’s Investing Process
- How have you developed as an investor over time?
- David Flood’s Investing Process:
- Basket of Stocks (20-30+ positions – 2.5-5% each)
- Overlooked stocks (Low liquidity, sub $10 million market cap)
- Deep Value
- Price charts to identify stocks at all-time lows and long-term base
- Investing in Net-Nets vs Nano-Cap Chart-based deep value
- SEC seeking to ban quotation of Dark Companies
- Wants to find and own companies no one else has written up
Part 2: Example Stocks
- Pinelawn Cemetary ($PLWN) – Dividend yield of 9-10%, nearly zero liquidity
- Beaver Coal Co. ($BVERS) – Misunderstood land company 50,000 acres diversified with coal, gas deposits, timberland, log cabins, and mobile home parks
- Network-1 Technologies ($NTIP) – A net-net with catalyst. Cash bucket patent troll.
- Mirriad Advertising (LON: $MIRI) – Video insertion tech company partnered with Tencent
- Hemagen (HMGN) – Market Cap: $155k USD. Dark since 2013.