Disclosure: Some of the links below, on my book review pages, and throughout my website are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have personally read all books that I review. I recommend them because I believe they are helpful and useful, not because of any small commission I might receive. Please do not spend any money on these books unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
DIYInvesting.org is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
The Richest Man in Babylon
This basic personal finance book is written as a collection of short stories in the form of parables. These parables tell the story of Arkad, a man who began poor but became the richest man in Babylon. As you read this book you’ll learn the rules of personal finance and wealth building. Anyone who follows these simple steps can become wealthy.
The Intelligent Investor
The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham is my #1 recommended book for all investors to read. This book teaches many useful skills and mental models for an aspiring investor. Both the beginning and advanced investor will gain value from understanding the concept of Mr. Market and the difference between investing and speculation.
- Specialty Broker: Stocks only
- Create your own index or mutual fund, or use one that someone else makes
- Buy up to 30 stocks at once with only one commission of $9.95
- I highly recommend Motif Investing as a “No-Fee” alternative to owning index or mutual funds. They will be cheaper to own over the long-term.
- Note: At no additional cost to you, I receive a small commission when you purchase a motif which I have designed. have designed and created my own index fund alternatives, which you can buy and own.
- Specialty broker: Mutual and Index Funds (also offer: ETFs and Individual securities)
- Lowest cost provider of mutual and index funds in the world
- Best provider of index and mutual funds in the world
- Discount Broker: Stocks, Bonds, Options, Mutual Funds, ETFs
- $4.95 stock trades, other fees vary
- My primary brokerage platform
- Recommended only for those interested in researching and buying individual stocks.
- All others would benefit more from a more specialized broker such as Motif Investing or Vanguard above